/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/logo-kaco.jpg 0 0 KACO Outfitters /wp-content/uploads/2016/10/logo-kaco.jpg KACO Outfitters2019-09-17 21:38:412019-09-17 21:38:41The Importance of Pallet Rack Maintenance and Inspection
The Importance of Pallet Rack Maintenance and Inspection
Inspecting Pallet Rack Wire Deck Safety
For deck safety inspections, you’ll want to do the following:
- It’s important to review every beam to make sure they are all uniformly leveled along the pallet loads.
- Look for any breaks in the mesh decking, as well as the welds. The mesh should not show any signs of bowing or bending.
Inspecting Pallet Rack Accessories
For accessories inspections, you’ll want to do the following:
- Anchors must be secured to baseplate.
- Look for breaks in welds.
Inspecting Rails and Bracing
For rails and bracing inspections, you’ll want to do the following:
- For rails, look for deformations and any broken welds between the arms and rails. Also, check for missing or loose hardware.
- For horizontal and vertical bolted bracing look for missing or bent bracing. Like above, also check for missing or loose hardware.
Inspecting Push Back Rails and Push Back Carts
For push back rails and carts inspections, you’ll want to do the following:
- For push back rails, check the alignment and look for broken welds, loose or missing hardware, and be sure to inspect the rails for debris. Clean as needed.
- For push back carts, check the alignment and see if the wheels need to be replaced, check for broken or loose welds, and check for any missing or loose hardware.
The above are just a few tips to help you get educated, but you always want to hire a professional to do the inspection and be sure they document everything.